LiftHim^Up's medical status...
Please read down the page from the top.
Latest update 8th April 2005
Good Friday 25th March 2005
Pa and Ma were told by the specialist that the cause of the extreme headaches Pa was experiencing appeared to be due to a tumour in the brain.
Easter Monday 28th March 2005
They met with the surgeon at noon today and discussed the situation, with the following outcome...
It was also arranged that on the day of admission, the church would be open to all who would like to pray for the situation.
Tuesday 29th March 2005
A slight change of plan emerged today
Accordingly a few days R-&-R away was arranged, with a return on Saturday to allow preaching from the pulpit.
Grateful thanks is acknowledged of the arrival from the UK of one of the stawart regulars from the chatroom; Star1 flew in to be near them both before the operation, and to be company for Sister Martin during the time Brother Martin is in hospital.
Please follow Pa's chat log in channel for other details...
<Llift-afk> ÷÷ HEY ÷÷
*** Llift-afk is now known as LiftHim^Up
<LiftHim^Up> *U* still here4e ëaglë$
<LiftHim^Up> anyone here
[LiftHim^Up (~Grandpa@pcp902738pcs.cnorth01.va.comcast.net)] PING
<LiftHim^Up> ok eagles if you happen to return
<LiftHim^Up> Surgery next tuesday
<LiftHim^Up> starts at 6 am at Johnston WIllis Hospital
<LiftHim^Up> expected to last 8 to 10 hours
<LiftHim^Up> then in ICU for 5 days +/-
<LiftHim^Up> then reg room for another 5 to 10 days
<LiftHim^Up> God Bless
*** Quits: LiftHim^Up (Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world !)
Saturday 2nd April 2005
Brother and Sister Martin returned home, and moved essential stuff into the appartment behind the church.
Sunday 3rd April 2005
A wonderful thing happened at church in the morning.
Pastor Martin's sermon was loosely structured around the theme he had felt all week from the Lord, that of the Lord Jesus' prayer in the "Garden called Gethsemane":
"Father, if it be possible, please take this cup from me... Nevertheless... Not my will, but Thine be done".
Monday 4th April 2005
Today, there has been a slight change in plan.
Tuesday at 6am admission to the hospital, followed by further tests. A further MRI scan at his request to determine God's will - if there has been a healing, Praise God mightily for his handiwork, and if there has not, so be it, for it is the Lord's will.
In the event the surgery is required, it is likely to be started a couple of hours later, after the scans have been processed, viewed and discussed.
Friday 8th April 2005
We received the following email from one of LiftHim^Up's close friends...
Continue to keep him and his whole family in prayer. His doctors will make some decisions about his future treatment protocol. He will have to undergo cemo and radiation therapy at the same time.
The decision of how long will be made when he goes for his follow-up consultation with his doctors next week. Always remember that Dr. Jesus has the last word. The doctors are amazed at his rate of recovery and his healing progress. Saints, keep the prayers going.
God bless all of you. Dr. Martin asked me to tell all of you that he loves you and is very grateful for your prayers.